22 Sayings of Muhammad Ali to Follow
Published on Saturday, November 19th, 2011 at 5:01 pm and is filed under Self Improvement
1. The man who has no imagination has no wings.
2. Silence – is gold, but only if you cannot come up with a decent answer.
3. The man who sees the world in 50 years, just as in 20, wasted 30 years of his life.
4. I hated every minute of training but I said to myself: “Don’t give up, suffer now and live rest of your life as a champion!”
5. Impossible – it is just a big word for little people who are hiding. It is easier for them to live in a familiar world, than to find the strength to change things. Impossible – it’s not a fact. It’s just an opinion. Impossible – it’s not a sentence. It is a challenge. Impossible – it’s a chance to prove you. Impossible – it’s not forever. The impossible is possible.
6. The best way to make your dreams come true – is to wake up.
7. Rooster crows only when it sees the light. Put him in a dark closet and he will never crow. I have seen the light and so I crowed!
8. I would really like people to love others as they love me. The world would be better.
9. When you’re right, nobody remembers. When you make mistake – no one will forget.
10. After the Olympic Games I went back to Louisville with my shiny gold medal. I went into a snack bar “for whites only.” I thought to put them on place. I sat at a table and wanted to order something. Olympic champion and gold medal! And they say to me: “A nigger is not served.” I said, ‘It’s is OK, I’m not a beggar.” But I was still kicked out. Then I went on shore, on the Ohio River, and threw my gold medal into the water.
11. You are not interfering by those mountains ahead you must climb; it is the pebble in your shoes that are interfering you.
12. Streams, ponds, lakes and rivers – they all have different names. But all of them have water. So it is with religions. They all have different names, but the truth is everywhere.
13. God didn’t put on man’s shoulders times that he cannot carry on.
14. Flit like a butterfly and sting like a bee.
15. When I’m kidding, I usually tell the truth. True – this is the funniest thing in the world.
16. I’m fast, I was very fast … in the bedroom before going to bed I hit the switch button and have time to go to bed until the light turns down … I’m very fast.
17. Russia scares me – people in the buses look as if they were being taken to the electric chair.
18. Champions don’t’ become in the gym. Champions become from what is deep inside: a desire, a dream, and a vision.
19. Only lack of faith makes people afraid to go to meet the challenges of fate. But I believe in myself.
20. I know where I go, and know the truth. And I do not want to be who you want me to become. I am free to be who I want.
21. Joy your children even when they do not behave as you would like.
22. The more we help others, the more we help ourselves.