Does Cigarette Help in Stress Situations
Published on Tuesday, August 2nd, 2011 at 4:16 pm and is filed under Interesting Stuff
That’s really hard to do without cigarettes. Tobacco smoke is necessary as air and cigarettes in a pack melt, as ammunition in a hot battle.
Indeed, agitated mind seeks solace and support in order to return to normal. And nicotine as an easy drug is demanded. Also included is the usual algorithm “stress – a smoke”, which begins to demand regular tobacco break.
How does the addiction work in such a situation:
1) An unpleasant stress situation gives rise to discomfort.
2) In response to the discomfort it starts parasitic appendage – “Stress – a smoke break.”
3) Dependence dramatically inflates the emotional state, which is an additional stress to an already stressful situation.
4), then the held smoke absorbs the nicotine itch caused by most addictions
5) Only by smoking tobacco and eliminating discomfort, returning to the initial stress, the smoker begins to solve the problem situation. Dependence does not allow to proceed to the task early.
Smoking – the first thing that grabs for the smoker. Plus, in a stressful situation smokers are smoking more often, and this is headache, lethargy and listlessness, which is not conducive to the successful solution of the problem.
At the man who was able to correctly refuse addiction, it’s much simpler:
1) Stress situation has led to discomfort.
5) he should begin to solve the problem.
NOTICE! Only two steps. Naturally, the thought of a smoke didn’t arise. And without additional emotional stress.
Working properly, the narcosystem of the nonsmokers in response to stress can provide a surge of internal biochemistry that helps people to better cope with emotionally strong situation. Smokers in this respect, are much less protected – their narcosystem waits passively “help” from a dirty faint nicotine.
It turns out that a non-smoker:
It is much better protected in a stressful situation by his own narcosystem.
Doesn’t have the extra nicotine stress generated by the addiction.
Quickly, without unnecessary steps and effectively respond to a stressful situation.
It is confirmed by ex-smokers.
In addition, non-smoker is not inclined to err, that smoking helps him. At him do not arise cravings for a cigarette break. Being free from the performance of the mandatory ritual of tobacco, he quietly goes through a problem situation and quickly adapts to the flow of circumstances.