Sigmund Freud Biography And Theory
Find out who was Sigmund Freud, discover the biography of this famous psychologist. Learn about Freud’s theories, followers and see how the father of psychoanalysis ruled the world in the XX-th century.
- Sigmund Freud was born on May 6, 1856 in a small town in the Czech Republic – Freyberg. His mother was Amalia Nathanson, who was born in the town of Brody in the Lvov region in Ukraine, but grew up in Odessa. His father, Jacob was born in the Ivano-Frankovsk region in Ukraine in 1815… read more
- Freud‘s psychoanalytic theory is an example of psychodynamic approach to the study of human behavior. With this approach, it is believed that the unconscious psychological conflicts control human behavior. … read more
- Freud’s Structural Model: Id, Ego, Superego. The interplay between these structures is referred to as the psychodynamics of the personality. … read more
- Photos of Sigmund Freud and his family. Sigmund Freud married Martha Bernays (1861-1951) in 1886. Martha was the granddaughter of Isaac Bernays, a Chief Rabbi in Hamburg. They had 6 children … read more
- Introduction in Depth Psychology – Today the term “psychoanalysis“ is known to everyone as the name of its creator – Sigmund Freud. He succeeded to gain popularity among the general reading public. 40 years after his death, the magazine “Newsweek” notes that his ideas …read more
- Origin and Evolution of Hypnosis. Some of the important people associated with 20th century hypnotism are as follows: Emile Coue, Boris Sidis, Johannes Schultz, Gustav Le Bon, Platanov and Pavlov, William Mc Dougal, Andrew Salter …read more